Thursday, May 22, 2014

Vacation ... note 1

Although I've updated quite a couple of times before this about the wonderful time and different feelings I'm experiencing in Gwalior.

But today I realized that although I've shared about my time in Gwalior but I never mentioned how actually Gwalior is .
Today lets start with that.
I'll make you friendly with this small city in Madhya Pradesh where my mother started her jouney.
She was born and brought up here in Gwalior.
It has its historic significance and occupies the major part in Madhya Pradesh.
It was ruled under Scindia which belong to Maratha clan. At the heart of Gwalior is the Gwalior fort that belongs to the Tomar dynasty.The massive Gwalior Fort, popularly called "the Gibraltar of India", overlooks the city.

Today, on my way to my great grandmothers house I was actually observing the city transport.
Mainly you'll find tempos and rickshaws but their type gives you that town feeling.
A feeling of a city as well as a village , both at the same time. This is how I see through my eyes and feel about it.

While passing through the cantonment area, I get a feeling of pride for our soldiers who're fighting for us at the border protecting our lives.
The areas where they live, their mess and everything gives a weird kind of a feeling which is simply awesome in itself.


My great grandmother lives in this area called birla mandir.
I've spent a great part of my childhood there . There is also this temple where I used to go with my mother's aunt and worshiped.


There is this swing of blue colour where I used to sit whole day long with Sheru (pet).
Its still there. Sitting there remembering all those childhood memories, swinging to and fro, feet rubbing against the wet green grass, It was so soothing.
I always go ans spend some time there.
Spotting whatever I used to do in front  of that swing, in front of whosoever sitting on it.
I used to dance on the song 'sharara sharara' from the movie 'mere yaar ki shadi hai'(bollywood).
Things were so plain, simple but best in its own way.
My grandpa has an amazing garden. I used to spend a great time there as well dancing around the tress, plants and those beautiful colorful flowers creating my own fairytale stories and enacting the characters. Ah !!! Now I see .. I was multi - talented since birth :)

Something happening apart from your daily schedule, meeting old relatives, knowing your mothers childhood friends, etc. marks its own importance.

I also learnt few things. I am not scared to accept that I was in love that is tending to fail but I need to stand for myself. I need to let it go because no one has got the right to wind or unwind the key of my life. It's okay I failed, but that doesn't mean that I failed for life.
I have my maa, my sister and my favorite friends who are always gonna be there for me, stand by my side for whatever it is, good or bad, failure or success. I don't need to be dependent on someone who simply keeps on walking in and out.

I know this is the story of my life, my feelings and emotions but I am 110% sure that every girl or a guy faces this. keeping aside the exceptions.

"Whatever you do in life will be insignificant but its very important that you do it because nobody else will!"
-a friend


Since morning I am humming this song 'manchalaa manchala teri ore' !

sayonara for today...


keep reading me


Tanjul Sarkar
Jewellery consultant
Travel freak

1 comment:

  1. i absolutely love the last part where you totally pour your heart out and stand up for yourself!
    Always there for you :)
    Keep smiling keep growing :)

    ReplyDelete